Whether you are heading to the UK under a student visa or just got a job in UK, you probably want your family to come with you to share in the experience. Fortunately, there is UK Dependent visa available just for this situation. A UK Dependency Visa is designed to allow you to join your family in the UK. A UK Dependency Visa will be granted on the basis of your dependency to the family member who is settled in the UK.
A Dependency Visa requires the applicant to have a relative that has settled status in one of the following ways:
• Mother / Grandmother / Father / Grandfather who is a widow aged 65 years or over
• Parents or Grandparents travelling together of whom at least one is aged 65 or over
• Parent or Grandparent aged 65 or over who has remarried but cannot look to the spouse or children of the second marriage for financial support and the person settled in the UK is able and willing to support the person and any dependants
• Parent or Grandparent under the age of 65 living alone in the most exceptional circumstances and mainly dependent financially on relatives settled in Britain
• Son, Daughter, Sister, Brother, Aunt or Uncle over the age of 18 if living alone in the most exceptional circumstances and mainly dependent financially on relatives settled in Britain